Happy birthday Jeff Bezos! Let’s give a round of applause to legendary Amazon CEO who has taken a book store and turned it into an empire, while revolutionizing the online shopping business along the way. True, he is famous, but we bet we can still surprise you with a few fun facts that you may not know. Let’s find out if we’re right…
- He may be a billionaire, but he started from a humble profession. How humble? He used to work for McDonald’s while he was attending high school. That’s serious supersizing.
- Bezos showed interest in science and technology from an early age. As a child, he built an electric alarm and used it to keep his siblings out of his room.
- Bezos was planning to name Amazon ‘Cadabra’ (as in ‘Abracadabra’), but his lawyer misheard the name, calling it ‘Cadaver’ that has a pretty negative association. So, Amazon was selected, inspired by the great river Amazon.
- He adores change, believing its key to his business, earning him the occasional title ‘a Change Junkie’.
- He never schedules early morning meetings.
- Bezos has a two-pizza rule. It states that meetings need to be small enough so that all participants can be fed by two pizzas.
- According to Amazon’s company policy, after two years with the company, every employee has to work two days at the customer service desk. Bezos is not exempt.
- Think you’re having a bad day? During the infamous dotcom crash Amazon share price fell from around $100 to about $6.
- com was no different. Its share price fell from $100 to as low as $6.
- How much is it today? Around $1650.
- With $112 billion at his name, Jeff Bezos is the richest man in the world, according to the Forbes 2018 richest people list.
At iFOREX you can trade Amazon share CFDs as well as hundreds of other CFDs including competitors Ebay and Alibaba. Want to see how these shares performed recently? Drop by our trading platform and take a look.